It is already 2017. If you do not walk with the time, you will leave behind of your competitors. With time, content marketing has also changed a lot. So, get your content marketing program updated for 2017 and beyond.
With the constant development of online industry, content marketing is also forced to keep up with new trends and re-innovate itself. The way people used to search and shop has completely changed.
There are many content marketing strategies to improve ranking and thus website traffic immediately. Improved traffic helps them to boost conversions.
You must have heard that content is king. It is true, but it is very difficult to figure out exactly what content works and how often one should post.
Here we will discuss some general guidelines that will ultimately help you be more effective.
1. Start writing more: Publish article and blogs on a regular basis. Create an editorial calendar and maintain it. According to Content Marketing Institute (CMI), “companies that blog at least 15 times per month or at least every other day get five times more traffic than companies that don’t.
2. Write only after researching: It is wastage of time if you do not produce engaging, fresh and search friendly contents. When creating a copy, just think the copy is really needed by your consumers. Think many times before you start writing. Don’t just create an article or blog post because someone said to do so. Understand why you need a blog first.
3. Track and monitor content: Closely measurement and analysis of content performance is helpful to decide company’s content strategy. It will help you assess every piece of content what is working and what is not. If your content is engaging and getting returning customers, you should move ahead.
4. Include video: Video sharing platforms, including YouTube, are continue to remain a successful medium for content strategy. In your content strategy, include videos so that you grow in importance as part of a company’s content marketing plan. It is perceived a ten-minute video is much more successful as creating a 2000 word article.
5. Promote your content: Writing content is completely wastage of time if it does not easily accessible to readers. Even before writing, you should work on a content distribution plan.
In 2017, most content marketers are concentrating on getting new ways to promote their most valuable pieces. Some popular ways to promote your pieces include email marketing, social media and press releases.
Every business strategy has to change with time. Content marketing strategy also needs to be changed in 2017 in order to get most out of it. Content marketing works as a strategic marketing approach of connecting and engaging with an audience through the publication of highly relevant, informative, well researched and targeted content pages.